Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 3

Day 3
Zurich - Dar Es Salaam
Today was a travel day. Up early to catch a flight & make our way to Tanzania. We took Swiss Intl again & this time I sat next to Gil. We had terrible turbulence right after we took off & of course I got sick. I did manage to hold it I until I could go to the bathroom but still no fun! On this flight I watched Footloose & again fell asleep halfway through. I managed to wake up in time to eat dinner & finish the movie & then I was out again. Once I woke up a second time I scrolled through the movies & decided to watch Contagion. Now if you know me you know I'm already a germaphobe. I had also been warned not to watch it on the plane (Thanks Jenna!) but I did anyway. I think I was too tired to really get too freaked out but I definitely whipped  out the hand sanitizer & used it a hundred times from that point on.
We got to Dar around 9 pm. I missed the breakfast round on the plane again so I was starving. A few of us decided to go up to the rooftop restaurant & grab some food. Since I was sick at this point in the trip last time it was a new experience for me. We ordered some Kilamanjaros & some food & it took forever!! By the time we got our food & paid it was about 11:30. We had to leave the next morning at 4:15!! We came back, showered, got our stuff ready & finally went to bed around 1. Day 4 is not looking like its going to be very pleasant but having a beer after all the travel was definitely worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment