Friday, July 22, 2011

Catching Up

I have really been slacking on the blog posts but I promise I'll get back at it soon! For now here's a few things I've been doing over the past couple of weeks!

Went to the July Underground Dinner with my friend Jenni which was amazing as usual. We also met up with some people I know from Twitter (@cashewchicken, @ketzermusic, and @ironstef.) I had asked Bryan one time if he had ever gone & he said he hadn't so as soon as I got the password I shared it with him and he recruited the others & we all met up. It was my first time meeting them in real life and they turned out to be pretty okay (ha!) so it was really fun! We even all went to dinner the next week at Stellina (my favorite!) and we're all going to the underground dessert thing next week. People always ask me why I like Twitter and that's exactly why! It's a great place to meet people who have the same interests as you! Oh and at the dinner my friends Jason & Courtney turned up randomly so that was fun too. They were getting ready to leave for their big move to LA so it was nice to see them before they left. They also randomly showed up at Stellina the same night too!

Last Saturday I went antiquing with my friend Gena. She just moved into a new house & asked me if I wanted to go. I don't think she knew what she was getting herself into. I have been antiquing with my mom & oldest sister my whole life so I'm pretty much a pro at finding things and knowing how to get them back into shape. Gena had never even been to an antique store before so it was a very funny experience. The key words of the day were "You can paint it!" which she didn't seem to know you could do! Anyway, we found quite a few things and packed them all into the back of my Mazda Tribute with the seats folded down. We each bought a chair, we each bought huge mirrors, and she bought two nightstands and a stool. Not to mention that we went to HomeGoods afterwards and bought more things including 3 lamps & a canvas print. (I was trying to decide if I actually need this print but then a fellow blogger posted one on her blog today that looks almost identical but costs much much more so I'm now keeping it!)  Needless to say my car was jam packed and it took some very creative maneuvering to get it all in and out of the car! My chair needs to be reupholstered and the frame needs to be painted but it's going to look awesome when it's done so when I start that project I'll post some pics on here.

I also signed up to go back to Africa with Soles4Souls in January. We'll be visiting some of the same places we did last time & will get to spend even more time with the kids. I can't wait to go back! Everyone is so surprised when I tell them I am going back so soon but I really can't wait! This time we are going via Switzerland so I'm pretty excited about that! My mom and I are also planning a trip for next summer too. Nothing is finalized yet but it looks like Holland, Luxembourg, Belgium, and Paris might be in our future! More details to come!

That's the update for now! I might have another post this weekend because I'm going to attempt to make a headboard...we'll see how it goes!

1 comment: